Leicester is a vibrant city located in the heart of England, offering a wide range of attractions and activities for visitors of all ages and interests. Here is a comprehensive review of some of the most popular things to see and do in Leicester:
- Leicester Cathedral - The cathedral is the final resting place of King Richard III, who was reinterred there in 2015 after being discovered beneath a car park. The cathedral is a beautiful example of Gothic architecture and is open to visitors throughout the year. Address: St Martin's, Leicester, LE1 5DE, United Kingdom. Website: https://www.leicestercathedral.org/
- New Walk Museum and Art Gallery - This museum is home to an impressive collection of art, natural history, and world cultures, including works by Picasso, Degas, and Turner. It is free to visit and offers a variety of exhibitions and events throughout the year. Address: 53 New Walk, Leicester, LE1 7EA, United Kingdom. Website: https://www.leicester.gov.uk/museums/new-walk-museum-and-art-gallery/
- King Richard III Visitor Centre - This modern visitor centre is dedicated to the life and times of King Richard III and the events surrounding his reign. Visitors can learn about the history of the period, see a replica of Richard's tomb, and even touch a replica of his skull. Address: St Martins, Leicester, LE1 5DB, United Kingdom. Website: https://www.kriii.com/
- Leicester Market - Leicester Market is one of the largest outdoor markets in Europe and has been in operation for over 700 years. Visitors can sample a range of local foods, shop for fresh produce, and find unique gifts and souvenirs. Address: Leicester Market, Market Place, Leicester, LE1 5HB, United Kingdom. Website: https://www.leicester.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/markets/leicester-market/
- Highcross Shopping Centre - This modern shopping centre is located in the heart of Leicester and is home to a range of high street and luxury brands, as well as a variety of restaurants and cafes. Address: Unit SU7B, Highcross St, Leicester, LE1 4FT, United Kingdom. Website: https://highcrossleicester.com/
- The Guildhall - This historic building dates back to the 14th century and is now a museum and art gallery. Visitors can see a range of exhibitions and events, including art and local history displays. Address: Guildhall Lane, Leicester, LE1 5FQ, United Kingdom. Website: https://www.leicester.gov.uk/museums/guildhall/
- Belgrave Road - This bustling street is home to a range of shops, restaurants, and cafes and is particularly famous for its curry houses. Visitors can sample a range of authentic Indian cuisine and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of the area. Address: Belgrave Rd, Leicester, LE4 6AS, United Kingdom.